Subject: Japanese Printing
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 18:01:28 -0400
From: Sebastien L.
To: jstumpel@planet.nl

Hello,

   I have been trying to setup japanese printing on debian on
and off for about a year now. I've just seen your message on
usenet (I figure it went through debian-user-japanese mailing
list or something) and thought I might send you an email and
see if you can help.

   I've installed gs-alladin-vflib 7.03-1.3. I've also installed
the packages suggested by Junichi Uekawa (defoma, x-ttcidfont-conf
ttf-kochi-gothic, ttf-kochi-mincho, psfontmgr) and inserted the
two fontpaths for defoma in my xf86config-4. I can view japanese
fine in terms, mozilla, etc. I can input japanese fine also (boy,
that took me a while to get working too). But printing seems to
be out of my reach. All I get when printing from mozilla is the
ubiquitous squares.

   Could you tell me what you did exactly to get japanese printing
to work? Or at least a few pointers on what to look for? Thanks.

Regards,
Sebastien L.