Re: Gtk2 kanji antialiasing

On Sun, May 05, 2002 at 02:57:55AM -0700, Evan Martin wrote:
> For option 2, you need the ttf-xtt-* Japanese fonts installed.
> Xft knows about those fonts and it knows about your other TrueType fonts
> (like the Microsoft ones) but it doesn't know to use them together.

I just tried to do this again on a new install of Debian and I found I
left out a step:

You need to add the defoma path to your /etc/X11/XftConfig:
dir "/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType"

for Xft to know where the newly-installed ttf fonts are.

It looks like it works now...

--
      Evan Martin
martine@cs.washington.edu