Re: installation report PC-9821Lt2/3A (was Re: Debian on a NEC PC98)

Werner Heuser <werner.heuser@web.de> writes:

> with permission from Olaf I have put his report into a HTML page at
> http://mobilix.org/nec_pc98_laptop.html
> I will announce it to Linux-on-Laptops now.
>
> BTW: Some links from the original posting seem to be broken. I hadn't
> time to provide better links yet.

Sorry about that.  Something gone wrong cutting and pasting, I guess.
The correct links are

  http://plat.debian.or.jp/debian-jp/dists/potato-jp/main/disks-pc98/current/

for the boot floppies and

  http://www.kmc.gr.jp/proj/linux98/arch/i386/boot/grub98/

for the grub replacement.  I used the 2001/11/12 version which is at

  http://www.kmc.gr.jp/proj/linux98/arch/i386/boot/grub98/grub-0.5-pc9800-20011112.tar.gz

BTW, I just upgraded the machine to woody over the weekend (great fun
without a network connection! :-) and when I have some time will write
that up as well.  The next step will probably be installing X (that is
if disk space permits; maybe I'll just make it ;-).
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                            Epson Kowa Corporation, CID
LPIC-2               -- I hack, therefore I am --                 BOFH