Re: Japanese filename in gnapster

Hi,

At Thu, 28 Dec 2000 14:26:15 +0800,
Anthony Wong <ypwong@ypwong.org> wrote:

> I wonder why the songs with Japanese filename do not show correctly on
> my woody box.

Sorry, I don't understand what is 'songs'.  You will have to write
the name of the software, the encoding of the Japanese filename,
the operation you did.

However, I recommend not to use Japanese filename.  You will have to
remember the encoding of the filename.

> I tried to set the locale as ja_JP and ja_JP.eucjp, but I only got the
> menu to display in Japanese. What others should I set in order to show
> Japanese filenames?

We use ja_JP.eucJP as a locale name.  Please try it, though I don't
know the locale name is responsible now.  (If you can display Chinese
but cannot display Japanese, you will reach a solution soon.)

Multibyte languages are not supported by many many softwares....  To
show Japanese filenames, you may need to check the source code of your
software and improve it.  My document may be helpful.  See the signature.

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@debian.org>
http://surfchem0.riken.go.jp/~kubota/
"Introduction to I18N"