Re: Mirror sid

On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 11:57:17PM +0200, Michele Dalla Silvestra wrote:
>   (ma ho visto anche dei file .udeb, devo indagare su cosa sono, qualcuno
>   lo sa gia'?).

Tratto da debian devel:

Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 10:41:12 +1000
From: Glenn McGrath <bug1@optushome.com.au>
To: Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
CC: debian-devel@lists.debian.org, Jeff Bailey <jbailey@nisa.net>
Subject: Re: Sources vs Packages files

Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Why is there no seperate source archive for the debian-installer packages?
> Or, alternativley, simply a section in the main archive.

I am a memeber of the installer team, these are my person views, not
official viewpoints from the team.

In short becasue udebs dont have docs, they have been rejected from the
main archive.

The whole reason udebs exist is because the new installer is going to be
a bit like a mini-distribution, it uses packages for the same benefits
that the main debian distribution does.

The installer will be able to connect to an ftp site and download new
(or upgraded) components of the installer, this is the reason that udebs
need to be available.

[SNIPPONE sul resto]