Configuring a Linux PDC

Hi Folks,

I have SAMBA+OpenLDAP+Debian PDC servers running on my
network. I've build those servers following some Internet
tutorials and now, that I have the service running, I would
like to learn the concepts of this kind of service to
improve my configuration and to be qualified to upgrade the
solutions along the time. Which source of information
(websites, books, etc) You recommend me for more
information? I'm very insecure about configure solutions
from Internet tutorials without know the basics.

I hope I made myself clear.
Thanks'
--
Rodolfo Barbosa