Re: AW: AW: Heads up: no standalone diagnostics for latest WD drives

Hello Robert Menger,

> ok, maybe here in Germany the ISPs for customer DSL and so are not
> "typical", but from every ISP I know here, who delivers customer
> access as his core business, has one or more datacenters with "some"
> servers inside. minimum a servercount with 4 digits. But every of them
> provides hosting features too, I do not know any ISP, who didnt have
> any type of hosting. But I will be proud if you could provide me some
> examples, where my assumption is totally incorrect (means a provider
> with only a handful own servers).

I am ISP in Germany and my 3800 customers use my  WaveLAN/FTTH  service.
In total I have currently 239 servers arround the  world  and  the  with
together around 1500 Harddisks.

Does this qualify me as ISP or whatelse?

Also I know ISPs which hosting stuff but have not more the one  42U  19"
rackmount with a bunch of X4100/X4150 and this is not an ISP?

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack

itsystems@tdnet France EURL       itsystems@tdnet UG (limited liability)
Owner Michelle Konzack            Owner Michelle Konzack

Apt. 917 (homeoffice)
50, rue de Soultz                 Kinzigstraße 17
67100 Strasbourg/France           77694 Kehl/Germany
Tel: +33-6-61925193 mobil         Tel: +49-177-9351947 mobil
Tel: +33-9-52705884 fix

<http://www.itsystems.tamay-dogan.net/>  <http://www.flexray4linux.org/>
<http://www.debian.tamay-dogan.net/>         <http://www.can4linux.org/>

Jabber linux4michelle@jabber.ccc.de