Re: [OT] KVM over lan or similiar solution

On Sat, Feb 16, 2008 at 09:05:16PM +0100, Wojciech Ziniewicz wrote:
> Hey,
> i would like to know what KVM over lan solution do You use or recommend.
> I have some servers that have an integrated lights out 2 , but for
> those that are more "entry level" , i have to buy some KVM's

Opengear.com

http://opengear.com/product-cm4148.html

I've got several of their CM4148 deployed, and these things rock. I just ssh
to 3000 + port number on the opengear and am connected to the serial port of
the server that's wired to that port. Couldn't be simpler than that.
There are many other ways to access the serial ports too, if you have
specific requirements.

Also, you can download full source for these things (!) and build firmare
images yourself:

  http://www.opengearweb.org/

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Pong.be         -(  "Just wait,  My crystal ball is infallible." -- Linus  )-
Virtual hosting -( Torvalds, discussing the future of smart I/O hardware.  )-