Re: Managing disperse servers

Hello All,

Managing debian based servers is a topic that I brushed over in the
passed but had to let it go since the time and money spent to look
into the solution was starting to grow and show. But thats not
important right now. What I wanted to let you know about is that it
would only be reasonable to take geographical location into
consideration while managing servers. One good reason would be the
repositories each machine has for its updates. You wouldn't have US
repositories if you had a machine in Japan would you. My 2p.

PS If you do find something of a more to a "turnkey" solution on
managing servers in a centralized manner , please share its
capabilities since this would be something very interesting. I have
started a project called deb-raptor which offers centralized and
managed debian packaging (distribution in a centralized manner as it's
main theme). The code is still quite immature but rather functional.
More details can be found on my site below. Thanks for your time.
--
Warm Regards,
Mario A. Spinthiras