Re: 3Ware 9650SE Sata Raid Controller

Shane Chrisp wrote:
Hi,

 Im putting together a new server basically just for disk storage and I
am looking at the new 3Ware 9650SE-4LPML controller for the 1RU server
it will go into. My question is whether anyone here has been using this
range of controllers and what your thoughts are on these? I know the old
IDE range 92xx controllers were great, I still have a few floating
around, but are they still as good?

I use 9650SE's and 9550SX's (all with BBU) very heavily. I did hit that RAID6 bug with the 9650SE once, but there's a firmware fix for that. Otherwise, no issues at all.

--
Seth Mattinen		sethm@rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC