Re: Suggestions wanted for

You have to be pretty unlucky to get a bad drive (or controller) - but it happens. However, I've seen problems like these come up many times and usually it's because the power supply simply cannot meet the needs of everything connected to it.  So, check the power supply first (maximum ratings for each voltage, nominal limits) and the maximum consumption ratings for attached devices.  As for the disks, I'd suggest testing them individually rather than trying to test them in a RAID or even while connected to the RAID controller.