Re: Strange delete performance using XFS

also sprach Thomas Kaehn <tk@westend.com> [2007.04.05.1424 +0200]:
> However disabling write barriers is the only measure which lowers
> delete performance from minutes to seconds. I've opened a case at
> 3ware to come to know if write barriers are supported by the
> controller.

Good. I would be interested in their response.

> As write barriers are "generally recommended" according to the XFS
> FAQ I don't want to disable them (which might be negative in case
> of system crashes).

Yeah, definitely.

  http://blog.madduck.net/geek/2006.07.18-xfs-caching
  http://blog.madduck.net/geek/2006.08.11-xfs-zeroes

it's as bad as you think, and they are out to get you.