Re: Non-debian tools for fetching DEB packages?

Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:
You may also find that you have wget which you can use to get the DEBs
(via either ftp or http).
Even wget is missing. When they say it downloads just the essential files... I guess they really mean it.
I'm curious, however.  What is the advantage to using debtakeover and
debootstrap instead of a regular install to that partition?
You mean... *besides* the fact that I have no physical access to the machine and have no way of accessing with the drives *other* than by an ssh session into the (currently Fedora) box? No reason, really. :)

- Joe