Re: NEVER USE SORBS

On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 08:18:38AM -0400, Chris Wagner wrote:
> Umm, why can't I send mail to u?  Herr Sanders?

because you annoyed me enough at some point in the past to get an
entry in my ~/.procmail-unwelcome file.

it returns any mail sent direct from you to me (To: or CC:). it returns
mail to all of your known addresses, so if you try avoiding my filter by
using a different address, you just give me more of your addresses to
add to the rule and you end up getting more copies of your own junk.

the point is to make it perfectly clear that i do not want to receive
personal correspondence from a particular person (in this case, you).

some people choose to ignore that explicit refusal. most people give up
after sending from one or two different addresses.  it works.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>           (part time cyborg)