Re: NEVER USE SORBS

On 27.07.06 12:51, Craig Sanders wrote:
> i wouldn't ever use spamcop - their automation is broken to the point
> of being moronic. i've seen way too many legitimate mailing lists end
> up blocked by them because some idiot (who *DID* subscribe in the first
> place) is too lazy to read & follow the how-to-unsub instructions at the
> bottom of each message.

According to my personal experince, SpamCop has grown out of his childish
weaknesses and currently is one of fastest and most effective blocking lists.

e.g. SpamCop can currently detect clients spamming through our mailservers
and report/list the clients, not us. It's also fast by delisting, after
solving problem the host can be delisted in very short time.

Of course, scoring techniques have better false-positives rate, OTOH they do
not force listed hosts to take care of the problem, which is very important
for solving spam problems.
A day without sunshine is like, night.