Re: backup server to send email

On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 11:13:35PM +0200, Cherubini Enrico wrote:
> I would like to know if there is any way for postfix to send email to
> a smarthost server (a backup server) if something fail, ie disk full,
> so the postfix send email while all is working fine but pass them to
> another server if anything fails.

fallback_relay = hostname.example.com

this is mentioned briefly in STANDARD_CONFIGURATION_README.gz and
TUNING_README.gz in /usr/share/doc/postfix.

that also has this warning:

NOTE for Postfix < 2.2: Do not use the fallback_relay feature when
relaying mail for a backup or primary MX domain. Mail would loop
between the Postfix MX host and the fallback_relay host when the final
destination is unavailable.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>           (part time cyborg)