Re: Firewall

The output of the command "iptables-save" would be useful to us. As would an "ip addr" or "ifconfig -a", on BOTH the server and the firewall.

The actual error messages would be useful as well.

If you don't want to fix it, which would be contrary to the fact that you told us all about it, there are a number of other Linux or FreeBSD/OpenBSD firewall projects -- google can help you find the way. If you want to go commercial, Juniper/Netscreen, Cisco ASA/PIX, and checkpoint are quite common. I don't care for Watchguard, SonicWall, or other firewall vendors much.

Chris Davies wrote:
Hello,
new to this place, so Hi everyone.

I run a few servers on my network and am having problems with my firewall.
I am finishing up my imap server but I can't connect to it, the error my
firewall spits out is that it is a
    spoofed mac address (on the server side), I can connect to the local
address' but will not anywhere where it has to go through my fw
I run Debian 3.01(sarge) with Exim4, Dovecot imap w/maildir, also I have
4 virtual IPs on this server, for intra(extra)nets.
My firewall is Astaro Security Linux 6.
My question is what is a good firewall these days, because I have about
had it with this one.

Thanx
Chris

--