Re: bogus blacklists

torsdag 20 juli 2006 16:15 skrev John Kelly:
> www.dnsstuff.com says don't use:
>
> > BLARSBL, FIVETENIGNORE, FIVETENSRC, JAMMDNSBL, SPAMBAG, SPEWS
> > (these block large IP ranges)
>
> > MAPS-DUL, SORBS-DUHL
> > (these knowingly list IPs that do not meet listing criteria).
>
> I inherited some IP space listed at five-ten and blars, but nowhere
> else.  Anyone using them?

Nope, but i had some problems with Blars at my last job. Generally, sending
the blocking admin a link to Blars home page (http://www.blars.org/blars.html
and http://www.blars.org/errors/block.html) would make them stop using that
list. Check out his photo :) I can't belive there is any serious admin who
would continue to use his list after reading what he charges to get you
delisted, or his criteria for blocking. I'm not even sure he's for real...

I'm not really informed about the other ones, but a quick check on fiveten and
spews make them look really bad for general use. Why can't people actually
read the conditions of blacklists before using them?

regards
Andreas Wettergren

Support
Tel: 0752-40 10 05
www.rit.se   - rit ab -  E-mail:andreas@rit.se
Box 70, 428 21 Kållered  Besök: G:a Riksvägen 36
Tel: 0752-40 10 05       Fax: 0752-40 10 99