Re: my domain gets greylisted

On Wed, Jul 19, 2006 at 12:18:15AM +0530, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
> Stephen Gran on Tuesday 18 Jul 2006 22:34 wrote:
>
> > Use a properly confured mail relay as your smarthost.
>
> Can you elaborate a little more on this or provide pointers to docs?

Your description is a little confusing to me (if you're having
problems sending mail, we don't need to hear about how you receive
mail.  Just describe the sending part).

But if I understand you correctly then you are directly sending out
mail from your own machine rather than using your ISP's smarthost or
other "proper" outgoing mail relay.

If this interpretation is correct then this approach is doomed to
failure as discussed at length on this list, and you should instead
use your ISP's outgoing mail relay or some other
correctly-configured host that is set up to allow you to relay mail.

Cheers,
Andy