Re: More sorbs blacklisting

On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 01:52:35PM +0300, Juha-Matti Tapio wrote:
> I went around and did a bit of digging and found this quote from Matthew
> Sullivan:
>
> : The rDNS scanner pays absolutely no attention to the TTLs when deciding to
> : mark a network and/or address for listing or delisting (it may also ignore a
> : network if it cannot decide either way).
>
> I think this means that IP addresses do not end up in SORBS DUL because of
> any TTL values. So the TTL is only relevant when trying to get out from the
> list after the initial reason has been fixed.
>
> I think many people oppose the TTL issue because there is misunderstanding
> about it's effect on listings.

I have been told directly by SORBS staff that a given listing will
not be removed despite RDNS and WHOIS records being updated and the
contact in question certifying it is not dynamic and servers are
allowed.  The reason given was that the TTL was set too low.  This
has also been given as a reason for not removing listings of other
IP ranges.

Andy