Re: More sorbs blacklisting

On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 10:31:32AM +0800, Shane Chrisp wrote:
> If you go an re-read the FAQ page at SORBS, the $50 donation is ONLY for
> those scumbag spammers to get delisted. There is nothing to pay to get
> out of the DUHL. Also, the DUHL is actually submitted primarily by the
> ISP's who own the netblocks in question so its pretty easy for them to
> get them take out of the duhl when they want them out.

Unfortunately SORBS also lists IPs in DUHL if their PTR in DNS has a
TTL that SORBS regards as "too high."  Back when I did use SORBS DUHL
to reject mail I rejected several items of non-spam because of a
case where an ISP had been listed, appealed, changed their reverse
DNS, appealed, set information in WHOIS, appealed, then finally got
told to also change their TTLs, at which point they gave up, and I
cannot really blame them.

I'm not going to waste time whitelisting every such occurrence when
I don't agree with these extra policies, but if there are people
willing to do so (or take a harder line) then fair enough.

My point is that it is not as clear-cut with SORBS DUHL as you
suggest.  There are a lot of netblocks in there purely because the
ISP will not jump through the "correct" sequence of hoops as defined
by SORBS.

Cheers,
Andy