Re: OT: Weird routing issues

I don't think you will be able to convince ebay either - unfortunately
PMTU is effectively broken due to 'experts' configuring firewalls -
especially firewall 1.

Changing your MTU will probably not solve the problem, as ebay sends
their traffic out with 1500 with DF set and the PPPoE concentrator
(with the smaller MTU) replies back to ebay with a resize - which never
gets there.... So I don't think changing your MTU will have much effect....

I'm not sure how modern concentrators deal with this problem - but ignoring the DF bit may be one solution. But it will be something your provider will probably
need to fix.

Any other suggestions out there on how to fix this?

Regards

Andrew