Re: Distributing crypto work away from apache-ssl?

On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 03:09:35PM -0700, Michael Loftis wrote:
> ...why do you need to run apache-ssl on the mail server, or on a single
> server at all?

It's a heavily modified sqwebmail, whose CGI binary needs direct access
to the filesystem on which user directories (Maildirs are just a part of
what it uses) lie. Well, actually stock sqwebmail is said to work over
NFS, but:
 - I want to avoid NFS as long as possible, having heard the horror
   stories
 - I'm not sure that our modifications are NFS-safe

> given your webmail application may require shared storage
> (squirrelmail does) but you can easily setup a cluster of apache's.

I don't understand this sentence. Could you rephrase it more clearly?

> Long term you'll have to anyway.

Long term (which seems will be quite shortly) I will have to split the
mail storage to several machines, which is going to be even more tricky
:-/

Marcin
--
Marcin Owsiany <marcin@owsiany.pl>             http://marcin.owsiany.pl/
GnuPG: 1024D/60F41216  FE67 DA2D 0ACA FC5E 3F75  D6F6 3A0D 8AA0 60F4 1216