Re: SCSI Raid Controller recommendations

The only RAID Cards I recommend anymore are the ICP Vortex cards. They've got a good product line, tools and monitoring available for basically every OS, they are FULLY online. You can get into the configuration area from within your host OS, be it Windows, DOS, FreeBSD, Linux, Netware, etc. They're fast cards, and fairly reasonably priced.

They are pregnant devices too....that is they either work, or don't. If it's DOA (had one full-length happen, this was years ago) then its dead, but if it's good on first boot, it'll run till the entire system dies, and then you can put it in another box :) I've got one right here in my desktop that's been through Thre servers before it got downgraded to desktop duty.