Re: Gaming server

> I was wondering if any of you have any experience running a game server
> under Debian.  Also wondering if you know the CPU/memory/bandwidth
> requirements of such a project.  Thanks,

I run Counter Strike, Day of Defeat and Vampire Slayer Half-Life mod servers
under Debian. They take anything up to 80M of memory and run fine on a 700
Mhz processor. I've had no problem running the pre-compiled Linux binaries
supplied on Woody but have not tried any more recent libc's.

Did you have any servers specifically you wanted to run?

Matt.