RE: SpamAssassin Causing Server Startup Failure

Hum... A similar thing happened to me today. The load got so high it brought my
system to it's knees. I ended up forcing a reboot to fix it.  I reset the config
with -L (perform local tests only) -m10 (limit children to max of 10) -S (Stop
check as soon as spam threshold is reached to improve performance).  So far the
load has dropped to near normal levels. I'm thinking the root problem is a
network connectivity problem.  I know it normally does some lookups and tries to
connect to several spam databases. I've been having some network issues, so I
suspect that's the problem here.

Hope this helps some.

--dwh

---