Re: Sarge CD-ROM installation

That's what I think I'll end up doing.  Thanks!

John

--On Saturday, June 21, 2003 14:28:05 +0200 Stefan Neufeind <stefan@neufeind.net> wrote:

On 20 Jun 2003 at 14:25, John Ackermann N8UR wrote:

I just downloaded an ISO image of Sarge disk 1 (a June 1 snapshot) and
when booting it acts differently than any Debian CD I've used before.
I'm at a loss as to how to install the system with it.

After the kernel boots, it comes up with a very simple text menu with
five choices:  1) choose language ; 2) detect keyboard; 3) detect
CDROM; 4) Load installer modules; and 5) Verify CD contents.

I step through the first three choices OK, but when you get to choice
4 you are presented with a list of about 38 modules and given no
information about which ones might be necessary.  I've tried selecting
various combinations (including all 38) but always get various errors
about modules not being found.

Has anyone here tried installing a sarge ISO?  If so, can you help me
get past this and into the main installlation program?

Had problemens installing Sarge directy under VMWare some time ago.
Then I decided to install Woody and upgrade to Sarge afterwards ...
works fine. Maybe a good way for you? The Sarge installation tool
doesn't seem that rock-solid as the Woody one.

  Stefan