Apache to rewrite or not ..

Hi,

In my apache error log we have alot of request's for i) default.ida and ii) cmd.exe
In Linux this appears to be pretty much harmless - I think.
It is however annoying and I'm wondering whether or not to do anything about it.

I think all I can really do is use mod_rewrite to send these request to another page,
like a friendly page which tell's the hacker where to go ;-)

Is this my only option ?
Maybe it's best to do nothing and not risk upsetting / provoking the hacker to try
even harder to get in.

Should I mod_rewite or do nothing ?

Thanks
Kind regards