mod_log_sql: can NOT compile, Jesus, can anybody help me?

Hi,

did i say, i can compile it myself? Well, that was a mistake... first
time after months of using debian I come to a point where I don´t
know, what to do because a leck of indepth-compiler-knowledge...

I am trying to compile mod_log_slq, because I did not find any
deb-package for this (what confused me really, as this is a very
useful tool imho).

I follow the install docs but I get

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lz

It would be sooo nice, if one enlightened guru could take a look at
this, it would be really nice having mod_log_sql running with
debian...

http://www.grubbybaby.com/mod_log_sql/

I also mailed to the author, I hope he likes debian...

Thank you very much for your attention and help would be really
appreciated. Think it will take me some years until I get more
familiar with gcc and ld...

Have a nice thread,
Peter