Re: VPN

Samuele, Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 11:51:36AM +0100:
> 	Hi there.
> I have to set up a VPN service on some Debian (woody) servers, and since I
> have no experienced with this I am searching for advices and hints about
> the best implementation among:
>
> Suggestions and advices are welcome.

A large part of the choice depends on the purpose/use of the VPN.  Eg. if
you have many win2k/mac os x "road warriors" to support, pptp is easy to
configure and use on those clients (although its security is dubious).
If you are going to be in direct control of both endpoints of the VPN, you
don't have to worry about client issues but should look at the
security/performance/uptime requirements.