Re: Tayloring Debian Installs

On Thursday 06 March 2003 03:46 pm, Gregory Wood wrote:
> Disk cloning does work. I use Norton Ghost 2002. It works with ext
> and Linux swap. You can change the size of the destination drive. I
> ran one today and it worked fine.

Thomas,

We (the lvcfk) use what we call a disk cloning procedure but we use cp
-a instead of tar or dd.  The basic outline of the procedure is here:

http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Wikilearn/DdCloningScript#Notes_from_Linc

We do plan to get that cleaned up some day (soon, I hope), but for now
it at least provides a basic record of what we're doing.

Randy Kramer