Re: Tayloring Debian Installs

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 17:54, Thomas Lamy wrote:
> [installing multiple servers]
>
> For large scale/frequent installation happenings: fai
> Don't use it myself, but I hear it's really great when you've
> set it all
> up.

I also received some direct replies mentioning FAI
(http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/), which, from the docs, sounds very
promising.

For saving / restoring the list of installed/selected packages the way to go
is:

> What you're looking for: 'dpkg --get-selections > file' and
> 'dpkg --set-selections < file && dselect'

Thank you all.

  Thomas

PS. Google is fine, but only if you know what you're looking for :-)