Re: Small Debian Installs

On Thursday 06 March 2003 11:31 am, Thomas Lamy wrote:
> Randy Kramer wrote:
> > I started working with a Vector root / boot set and have made
> > progress,
> > but I have a lot to learn and many problems remain -- if there is
> > an easier way I'd like to try it.
>
> Sorry, I never went that path. Sounds like an adventure, though :-)

Yes, definitely, and I might stop soon as I accomplished part of my goal
-- I have lilo working, and I'm using 13 MB (on a 20 MB partition) --
other things probably work ok, but some clearly don't -- right now the
filesystem is still readonly, etc., etc., etc.

I'm looking into LEAF now, reading (skimming) lots of documentation.
Sounds pretty good -- might serve some other needs, but no mention so
far that it (or its derivatives) include lilo.

Randy Kramer