Re: Routing with Linux

Randy Kramer schrieb:
On Wednesday 05 March 2003 02:41 pm, Burner wrote:

load average is about 5Mbyte/s spikes at 10MByte/s, all traffic is
webcontent.

That seems to be large volume -- three to seven T1s unless my math is off (my coffee hasn't kicked in yet).

I'd almost expect a firewall per T1, or what kind of performance can you get out of a Linux box serving as a router?? (Well, it is just within the capability of a single 100 mbps Ethernet card, but it's a lot of traffic.)

Depens on the harware.
We got 750 mbits on a single box with a 2 channel intel gigabit card (Intel PRO/1000 MT Dual Port (64bit/66MHZ PCI) in a Fujits-Siemens PRIMERGY L200 with 2 Intel PIII (1.40 GHZ) and 2 GB SDRAM.

Oh and the box has very low load and we're sure that it is able to handle
nearly 1 GBit FD.

Randy Kramer

Uwe
--
X-Tec GmbH
Institute for Computer and Network Security