Small Debian Installs (was Re: Routing with Linux)

On Wednesday 05 March 2003 02:42 pm, Russell Coker wrote:
> Just install a small Debian system.

That might be exactly what I want to do (for a different purpose).

What's the smallest someone on the list has installed, and what's the
easiest way to go about doing it?

I'd like to have a small Linux partition on a dos \ Windows disk to
include a bootloader (lilo) and some utilities for partitioning,
formatting, and making and restoring disk images.

I started working with a Vector root / boot set and have made progress,
but I have a lot to learn and many problems remain -- if there is an
easier way I'd like to try it.

Randy Kramer