Re: Weblogs

Thu, 6 Mar 2003 12:03:05 +0200
Mozzi <linux@mostert.nom.za>:

> Hi all
>
> What would be the best logging package to use on a big shared hosting server
> to give each domain owner stats on his website?
> I have roughly 4500 domains on that box.

Well, Webalizer is a classic, though not too flexible to
configure. For a more customizable solution you might want
to check Jan Kneschke's ModLogAn. Comes with plugins for
most logfile formats, and uses a template engine for output.
http://jan.kneschke.de/projects/modlogan/
Packaged for Debian. Seems to be very much work in progress,
so check out testing or unstable as well.

Cheers, Marcel