spews Was: seeking input on rbls and anti-spam measures

Hello!

I've got one question. What is your experience with relays.osirusoft.com,
especialy with the spews.

On Monday my provider get on spews list. As far I know ISP terminated all
spammers and is still on the list. Due to strategy of spews (to include
inocent customers to force ISP solve the problem) on the list is all
range of IP (including mine).

I've tried to read their forum, but I think they are too radical.
<snip>
Neither I nor any of my users know anybody
from cz, and the only email I would ever get from there is spam. I put
those blocks up in response to spam received. And I see daily rejects
as a result of them (including relay attempts). None of this is desired
traffic, and I can't see that it will ever change.
</snip>
I can't figure out how can someone judge if it is "desired" traffic, if
server drop SMPT before reading content? The block mentioned above is
his personal block, but if people with such way of thinkig are supporters
or contributer to spews list...

To me this list seems more calm, so I'd like to know something about your
experience. So questions are?
Do you use spews (osirusoft) for binary checks (some servers in Slovakia does),
without any additional tests?
Do you have any experience with guys maintaining spews?
What dou you think about strategy of the spews list?

I appreciate any answers or suggestion. Maybe I've got wrong point of view.

With regards

Miroslav Zervan

Jason Lim wrote:
The _BEST_ resource (IMHO) I've found anywhere regarding RBLs, Block
lists, etc.  is at:

http://www.declude.com/JunkMail/Support/ip4r.htm

It has commentary on EACH of the RBLs with any warnings, cautions, etc.
which is useful for deciding which to use.