Re: Routing with Linux

Thanks for the quick answer :)

On Wednesday 05 March 2003 18:14, Gregory Wood wrote:
> You didn't mention volume. Also, public address and firewall seems to be a
> contridiction.

load average is about 5Mbyte/s spikes at 10MByte/s, all traffic is webcontent.

> If the volume is small, many of the $100 USD firewall boxes will work.
> There will be some work redirecting IP through the firewall.

I choose linux for several reasons, partly because i had some bad
experiences with cheap firewalls, like random crashes and resets for no
apparent reason, this doesn't make me feel safe.
Linux has given us little trouble so far, so why not protect the troublesome
windows servers with a nice linux box.

> If the volume is higher or you just want a linux box then:
> www.linuxrouter.org -- linux router project

linuxrouter.org seems usefull for this, i'll have a look and hope it'll fit
my needs.