Re: seeking input on rbls and anti-spam measures

> I do not use the spamcop rbl, because spamcop doesn't check carefully
> enough, imho, when it lists a server. I've heard that it repeatedly
> lists mailing list servers and takes some time delisting them again.

   I believe they all have a degree of "elasticity". I mean, they all
have some mechanism for listing and delisting and most have chosen their
method on purpose. Could someone list the RBLs in order of, let's say
"strictest confidence" (only lists confirmed spamhauses that have been
warned and are blatantly ignoring complaints) to "most likely to list my
grandmother because she misspelled 'warehouse' again"? If someone with
experience could list the RBLs by their philosophy, then it would be
easier for us SysAdmins to choose our own tolerance.

> If we're discussing uce measures:
>
> I've accumulated a few spamtrap accounts (former usenet or web mail
> addresses). What possibilies to automatically report these are there? I
> currently do
>  - redirect to uce@ftc.gov (but I heard that's out of service)
>  - report to razor (but that doesn't do anything against the spammer
>
> I would like it if an incoming mail would automatically cause a dsbl.org
> and/or ordb.org check & listing, but I haven't been able to find such a
> test program so far (there are some, but they expect me to specify the
> IP - and I haven't got time to write a Received: header parser right
> now.

   I also report to spamrecycle@ChooseYourMail.com but i'm afraid they
just /dev/null it, trying to look like they are doing something.

   Thank you to anyone who can come up with a list of all RBLs and their
characteristics. If nobody else has done it, i might be willing to put
up a page with all the information on it.