Re: radius server choice

* Cuenta la leyenda que Emile van Bergen (emile-deb@evbergen.xs4all.nl) escribió:
(..)
> The disadvantage here is that your external script is spawned for every
> request (read: a full Perl/Python interpreter is started and
> initialised).

You're right, that's the con of xtradius.

> OpenRADIUS also allows you to use external scripts in any language, but
> keeps them running - fully supervised - as long as the server runs.

I don't know a thing about OpenRADIUS, so maybe this question is silly:
If you change the external script, do you have to restart the radius
server?

In another mail you wrote:

> If you need more flexibility and stability than FreeRADIUS and can live
> with the limited choice of modules (ASCII files, LDAP or Unix password
> db), go for OpenRADIUS.

I think you ment "as long as you don't write your own module", right?

BTW, I'm not arguing with you or trying to flame, I just want to know
about openradius, sorry if I sound rude, my english is just that bad.

--
Regards,

Germán