customizing qmail failure delivery

Hello

I have a few questions regarding delivery failure messages:

- By default, qmail tries for a week to deliver a message before it gives up. No warning whatsoever is sent to the sender before. Is there no way to make it send a delay warning after 4 hours?

- The failure notices include the original mail as unformatted plaintext. Why doesn't it include it as a MIME entity (or as multiple entities) so that the user receiving the notice can easily reuse the contents to send the message again? (i.e. in qmails default way, attachments are only seen as base64 encoded text, non-ascii chars are mangled)

- I want to set up a custom failure. For example, "Sorry, there are several users with this first name on this domain, please use one of the following full addresses instead: .....". This should really be a delivery failure message, not an autoreply, and it can be achieved by putting a program into the dot.qmail file that exits with error 100:
#!/usr/bin/perl
my $txt=<<'END';
Sorry, there are several users with this first name on
this domain, please use one of the following full addresses
instead: .....
END
$txt=~ tr/\n/\r\n/sg;
print $txt;
exit 100;

*BUT* this still gives this ugly, non structured failure notice as described above, in particular, if I print german umlauts from the script, they are not sent correctly.
(There is a program "bouncesaying" which has exactly the same drawbacks)

Is there any addon/patch for customizing qmail's automatic messages?

Christian.