Re: linux software RAID with hot-swap hardware

re

On Thu, 2003-01-23 at 14:42, Pierfrancesco Caci wrote:

> Instead of install-mbr, I used the following line in lilo.conf:
>
> raid-extra-boot="/dev/sda,/dev/sdb"
>
> According to the documentation of lilo, this shouldn't be necessary,
> but apparently either the funcionality or the docs are buggy. Without
> that line I couldn't boot at all from the second disk,

the way I've tested it also works with

install-mbr /dev/md1

and 'raid-extra-boot=auto' option in /etc/lilo.conf. If you run lilo
with verbose option you can see, that it actually writes to both disks
in RAID1 array.

regards,
 Andraz

--
   Hobbes : Well, you still have afternoons and weekends
   Calvin : That's when I watch TV.