Re: MTU Issues

> My problem is that the BSD server frags packets out of existance if they
> are more than about 1400, as far as I can tell the MTU on the incoming and
> outgoing interfaces are set to 1500, but I have never dealt with a BSD
> system before, so I'm not too familiar with configurations etc on the
> machine.

well, I'am not a *bsd guru, so I cannot talk about these systems, but so far
default MTU value for ethernet interfaces
is 1500, and your bsd should have this setting on receiving interface -
check out with `ifconfig`. Also try to check whether you have ping to bsd
receiving interface with big icmp. Another thing - check out your
ipfilter/kernel settings - maybe you are droping fragmented packets?...

Andrew