Re: redundant mail servers

On Sat, 26 Jan 2002 01:14, Florian Friesdorf wrote:
> Is it possible (case 2) to run a software raid1 over two partitions (one
> on each raid5) from both computers at the same time?

It's not possible to have one partition in use by two computers at the same
time unless you use GFS or something similar.

> Please let me know, if I'm heading in the wrong direction. The setup
> will be for a team with 20 persons, so there won't be too much mail
> traffic. The only problem is, I won't be reachable for 2 months, and
> therefore the system should run without the need of a sysadmin.
> Well, there is another one - I've only 15 days left to set it up.

With only 15 days you don't want something that will take a long time to
setup.  Also you don't want something overly complex, the more complex the
more likely it is to break.

I suggest having a single machine with RAID-1.  Then entire categories of
potential problems such as issues of accidentally mounting the same
filesystem on both machines will just disappear.

Why do you need something special for only 20 users anyway?