Re: Apologies from TrafficWoW

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 22:12, abuse@trafficwow.net wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>
> What you are saying is a big lie about our company and if you continue we
> will take legal action against you.

Could I suggest that you hire a lawyer if you wish to make legal threats.
"Big lie" is not a legal phrase, "libel" is what you may wish to accuse me
of.  However if you wish to accuse me of libel then you must be able to prove
my statements to be wrong (I'm sure that you read the newspapers and know the
results of making false libel claims in UK courts).

However I'm sure that it doesn't need to come to that.  As with any company
that is involved in advertising I'm sure that you have customers asking for
proof of the visability of your adverts on a daily basis and have independant
reports proving your claims.  A referral to such an independant report would
go a long way towards convincing me of the truth of your claims.

Also some sort of logical explanation as to how you could do so much business
without dealing with anyone who uses a hotmail address would be good too.

> We are a legal company operational in the UK. We have provided contact
> details, address, various email address and telephone numbers and have not
> hidden from anyone.

Then why do you send anonymous threatening letters?  In past disagreements
with legal companies the correspondance has always been signed "person's name
on behalf of company name PTY".  Also all formal correspondance that I have
received from a UK company has contained the company registration number.

For a fully professional threatening letter you should include company name
and company registration number, the name of the soliciter who wrote the
letter, the name of the manager at the company who instructed the soliciter,
and full contact information for all methods of formal contact with the
company and/or with the lawyer direct.  In some situations regarding legal
disputes it is beneficial to not contact the person directly and to direct
all enquiries to your lawyer, also sometimes the party you have a dispute
with would prefer to deal with your lawyer and it is in your best interests
to indulge such requests.

Of course that doesn't intimidate me, but it does give me a much better
impression of the company that I disagree with.  ;)

Now your whois contact details are as follows:

    Zone Contact:
      Bitty Ltd
      Steve Rodmyster
      po box 22
      bong hill, Su ggt
      UK
      Phone: 01222 222222
      Email: marketing@ugetmore4less.com

I presume that you are Steve Rodmyster.  I tried to call you on
+44-1222-222222 but received a message saying that the Cardiff phone numbers
have changed, the new number is apparently +44-2920-222222, and that line is
apparently down for repairs.  Do you have a working phone number?

> Trafficwow post daily and manages thousands of pages around the world.
> Trafficwow does not claim in any of its pages, that it is the biggest. very
> much on the contrary, it works with other many other traffic companies
> around the world.
>
> Trafficwow welcomes any call from anyone regarding any of the issues you
> raised in your email. Contact details on home page.

Also all future discussion of this matter will have to occur in this forum.
As you can see from the log below your mail server is an open relay, so my
servers will not accept direct mail from you.

Jan 25 22:10:37 ivanova postfix/smtpd[18388]: reject: RCPT from
smtp.ugetmore4less.net[64.55.184.155]: 554 Service unavailable;
[64.55.184.155] blocked using inputs.orbz.org, reason: Open relay.  Please
see http://orbz.org/?64.55.184.155; from=<abuse@trafficwow.net>
to=<russell@coker.com.au>