rsync backup scipt

Hi there,

I'm trying to setup a backup server to store stuff from a main sever + various
other machines dotted around the place. What I'm really after is this:

--server
/home is backed up daily on a 7 day rotation
/ is backed up once a week

--windows machine
C:\My Documents\ is backed up daily via smb on a 7 day rotation
C:\ is backed up once a week

I've used rsync ok, (using one from a previous thread) but i'm not sure how to
do the rotation system? Also when backing up / on the server, what stops it from
copying the contents of a mounted cd aswell?

Thanks

Hereward