Neighbour Table Overflow

All,

I have just returned from setting up a small internet cafe, where the server is
based on Debian Woody.

Whilst i was setting up the machine, with it not plugged into the ethernet
switch every 2 seconds it would display Neighbour Table Overflow on the
console. It was *very* annoying to say the least.

Now for the strange part... I plug in the Ethernet into the switch, and the
messages dissapear. The machine is the server, gateway, using SDSL to the
upstream. Ethernet Cards are both Intel 10/100 (Brand new ones... not sure of
exact model).

The messages went away when plugged into ethernet, I am curious as to what this
is, or what it may be?

Regards,

James Mclean
Adam Internet