Re: moving mail system from one ISP to another

At 11:47 15/01/02 +0000, brettp@users.sourceforge.net wrote:
On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 12:24:26PM +0100, alexis bory wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have to control the transfert of the mailboxes
> of one of my customers from his old ISP to his
> Mother-Company-Centralized-Corporate-Lotus-Notes.
>

> TIA

Depending on the MTA you are using there are ways of doing the forwarding, with exim you can add a line to the bottom of the exim.conf file that tells it where
to redirect the mail to, its quite well documented in the exim info pages.
With postfix you can use the transports file to redirect the mail. Not sure
about other MTAs, hope that helps.

Could help a lot... The problem is to retreive the mail which has already been delivered to the "old" mailboxes.

I don't know of any good way to do that for a large number of POP accounts and heterogenous mail storage systems.

If you have a complete list of login / passwords you can use fetchmail to get the mail from the old accounts and send it to the new ones.

If you don't have such a list some tcpflow on port 110 with some filtering could give you most of the accounts (hopefully not too many people are on vacations and don't check their mails).

Good luck

Olivier