Re: BGP / Zebra

On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 06:13:28PM +0100,
 Anders Gjære <Anders@oslo.kvalito.no> wrote
 a message of 82 lines which said:

> The machine is running 2.2 kernel
>
> I don't think zebra is supported on 2.4.x kernels

Zebra is supported and works perfectly fine on 2.4.x.

Otherwise, see Russell's explanations. Zebra only deals with ROUTING,
the kernel does the FORWARDING. If forwarding is too slow, examining
Zebra will change nothing.

(We have two default-free BGP peers and twenty other BGP peers with
512 Mbytes of RAM - the bgpd process uses less than 60 Mbytes - and
the machine is far from being overloaded. And it forwards at 100
Mb/s.)