Re: xinetd /etc/host.deny ALL:PARANOID

On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 03:47:27PM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:

[ martin didn't write this, chris wagner did ]

> > Come on... there are only 4 ip numbers in a /30!!!  The only
> > conceivable use for a /30 is as a point-to-point.  /29 maybe for cable
> > modem LANs...

/30s are also used when a non-RFC1918 address is assigned to a
loopback address, usually on a router, usually when you're getting
ready to do something tricky like eBGP multi-hop.

I fail to understand the comment about /29 for cable modem LANs.

Micromuse Ltd.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.